Saturday, July 23, 2011

"But that's your DRAWING hand!"

...
Yikes! I haven't updated this in ages and it makes me feel like some sort of blog-flake. I had been doing a lot of web design back then and I got burned out. I spent the summer doing a lot of outside activities, like hiking and swimming, and I ended up falling out of a tree and breaking my right wrist.

It was a tree I hadn't climbed before, a branch curved out of the side of it and looked to be the perfect spot. When I was sitting in it, I remember the exact moment I felt myself starting to slip forward. The drop wasn't that far, but I ended up acting reflexively and trying to catch myself when I landed. I recall hearing a snapping sound, but I thought it was a branch I had landed on.

Oops.

Either way, it wasn't so bad. I didn't feel a thing except for a few aches as it was healing, and after a few weeks my wrist healed up perfectly. I've been drawing and writing again, I have an internship, I'm selling my designs, and I've been stumbling on a lot of other artsy opportunities that I'll be talking about as I update.

Until then, enjoi!
...

No comments:

Post a Comment