Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hoemaster 5000

...
Whew! I've had a very busy week so far. My musician friend Mikus moved away a few months ago and his mother, Laura Dicus, was in need of an intern. Laura is an emerging watercolor artist that is very kind to interns such as myself. I've been learning a great deal about the actual business behind art, and I've discovered that I have a knack for it.

One of her flowerbeds was damaged recently. As a result, she contracted a friend of mine as well as myself to do some landscaping for her. It's incredibly hard work and I've been exhausted at the end of each day, but learning how to organic garden is priceless. Already I know how to build a retaining wall, the basics behind composting, and how to not care when there's two millimeters of dirt wedged underneath my fingernails.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment