Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Inkwurk II - In Living Colour

...
It has been yet another productive day of inking Miss Kinash's wonderful sketches. Today I woke up at a decent hour, began an inking project, finished the one to the right, and was also added to the link list by Toxiferous Designs. A link to the blog will henceforth be located to the left, in the blogroll. Click it, you know you want to.

After inking the first sketch of Olivia, I recalled that I had started inking this some months ago and had not finished it for some reason. This is because I did not have the organizational skills I have nowadays. Against all logic and reason, I had everything on one layer. This was before I realized that having fills on an individual layer was a lot easier and better looking than having adjusted strokes lurking just below the surface.

As for the question of Olivia's colour theme, Miss Kinash mentioned that she has "imagined her in sages and oranges a couple times." With this in mind I stuck with the dark blue linework, and went with a light brown with red-orange trim. This is because Olivia is in a more 'conservative' outfit than her usual flapper fare, so I imagine that when she is planning on going out, her clothing brightens up substantially.
...

3 comments:

  1. yeah this was an old sketch experimenting with her "style."

    Congrats to getting on a blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of my favorites because she's got such a jaunty pose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable!
    I like the bouncy retro style you've been using for your characters, it complements them so well.

    ReplyDelete