Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Veni, Vidi, Vincent

...
The title does not make any sense, but neither does this day. I made friends with Dr. Malison, got the last of my fillings done, was featured in a journal by a 14-year-old, and also had a tooth pulled. All in all, a fairly productive day despite only completing one drawing. I thought the journal feature was really sweet, and any free advertisement is good advertisement.

At the right is Vincent, and he's not a very nice man. Each of the characters has an individual characteristic which is exaggerated. With Olivia it is her eyelashes and curlicue hair. With Vincent it is his very distinctive upper lip, which is sometimes mistaken for a mustache, especially when I draw it. He is also missing his left hand, but we all know that already.

I do not draw him often enough.
...

5 comments:

  1. Actually, I believe this is the first time you've drawn him that I know of. XD I have the biggest trouble with his eyes, because I'm a perfectionist and unless it looks like it does in my head I hate it (and we all know how often something looks like it does in your head). You've done a lot better job.

    I was thinking of catchphrases for the characters, and for Vincent the title "disgraced entrepreneur" came to mind.

    I'll send you some sketches of his robotic hand (it only has three fingers).

    I like your labels. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Disgraced entrepreneur" that fits him really well. I like it.

    I've been saving a little gem myself. Sometime I'd like to draw the two of them together, unless you do a sketch first. "The big Cuban man is scary, but it's the little green one you have to look out for."

    I've drawn him a couple of times, but he never ended up looking right. So I never got around to showing you. This is the first time everything has fallen into place.

    Thanks for the sketch! I'll get to inking it and seeing if I can fancy it up a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! This is a very good looking illustration and I love how the vest jumps out at you. Added a link to you on my blog today. Give me a shout if you want the link to say anything other than Triple-Em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, I'm going to link back to you now as well.

    ReplyDelete